Tuesday 8 September 2009

The Problem with Listening without Following the Lyrics...

I'm aware it's been a while since my last proper post, and that this post is completely out of keeping with my previous posts. But hopefully this uncharacteristic entry will be considered a brief, amusing, sidestep before normal service is resumed...

I was listening to the radio yesterday when '
I Predict a Riot' by the Kaiser Chiefs came on. Now, the funny thing about 'I Predict a Riot' is that I first became aware of the song when it was played in clubs while I was a student and, not knowing anything about it (not even the name of the song or who it was by), I was utterly convinced that the lyrics to the chorus were, in fact, 'I'm Fully Tourettes, I'm Fully Tourettes'.

Well, what can I say? We've all done it at some point or other.

For the longest time not only myself but also all of my friends held a steadfast belief that the chorus to 'Got It On Tuesday' by
The Wildhearts was not 'I got it on Tuesday, just like a cheque in the mail' but was, instead, 'I got it on Tuesday, just like a kick in the nads'. Finally, in a similar vein (somewhat literally), and perhaps most amusingly of all, for some reason I originally thought that the lines 'You got me lying with ease / I'm only keeping the peace' in their song 'Whoa Shit, You Got Through' were 'You got me lying in lenis / I want a kick in the penis'. Which makes no sense whatsoever. So there you have it.

Normal service to resume shortly, you'll be pleased to hear...

Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Parties would last for a couple of days, No one sleeps 'cause beds are for gays"

Alex Barrett said...

'The ducking and diving of bills that arriving, the seemingly hungry toupee'

ArtSparker said...

Lying in Lenis, an episode from "The Iliad" involving. what else, an untrustworthy woman.